- 2D Sidescrolling Platformer
- 8 Weeks Part-Time
- Made in C++ with TGA2D
- Nominated for the Swedish Game Awards in three categories (Game of the Year, Best Art and Best Design)
- Downloadable here
- Camera System - Essentially a centralized system to find out where an object was on screen in relation to the camera. The camera could also be locked to follow a specific object, or a specific world position. In this case, it was locked to follow the player.
- Parallax Backgrounds - The scrolling backgrounds, where the math part of calculating a 2D position based on a certain depth was implemented into the camera.
- Crumbling Blocks - A gameplay element where if the player stands on a certain block, it starts to crumble and eventually disappear. The crumbling blocks used a simple state-machine behind the scenes to simplify the process of playing the animation forward and backwards depending on how the player interacts with it.
- “Audio Manager” - Essentially an audio pipeline interfaced with a .json file, where other disciplines can define which audio files should be available in the game.
- “3D” Particles - Added a “depth” parameter to particles that takes advantage from the parallax math functions implemented into the camera, which also scales the size of the particles based on their depth.
- Screenspace Godrays - Implemented a godray shader based on this article.